by Sam the Stockbrokerman [with tongue planted firmly in cheek, eh?]
- My performance record has easily beaten the market in the past 4 years.
- Why do you want to settle for average? I can beat the average.
- Indexing the S&P 500 has worked great in the past, but are you sure you want to be heavily concentrated in one part of the market?
- Indexing is for beginners. My role is to find the best managers that fit your specific needs.
- 70% of mutual funds have beaten the market the past 3 months.
- Indexing works great in an up market, but what about the down markets? That's where active management can really add value.
- Indexing works only in large caps. In inefficient small and international sectors, active management crushes the index.
- I need to feed my family but I'm not creative enough to do more than run screens for best performing mutual funds.
- I like watching Maria Bartiromo all day long.
- I have to meet a sales quota to get the corner office. A buy and hold strategy just doesn't cut it.
Forward | Archive | ContactUs | Disclaimer | Glossary | Links | Search]